Sunday 8 December 2019

DAMI ONIRU – BRI'S LOUNGE.

DAMI ONIRU – BRI'S LOUNGE.

Dami Oniru has no doubt set good standers for her music with this beautiful E.P. This lovely and very creative work is a perfect blend of Afro pop, Afro fusion and Pop, which takes you into a deep and personal experience, also showing great knack for uniqueness. Despite her talent as a singer, the E.P. was well grounded with lovely sounds and instrumentals, sending your mind into a vibe that is really special. The lyrics are nothing short of Intelligent and soul filling. She spoke her heart out in every song form Higher to Higher(Stripped) and this  work has brought out something Nigerians have never seen before, this show of Talent, soulfulness, and beautiful music has definitely got Nigerians talking. An exceptional work from Dami and her team.


1. HIGHER
There would have been no better song to start this EP with, than Higher. This song not only came from the deepest parts of her heart but also gives us an in-depth into who Dami is and how far she has come. Her pains and struggles had no doubt brought her to this exceptional lyrics and outstanding sound. A perfect song, using her struggles and success to set an example to others.

“Shaken, is what I’ll never be.
 Cause my foundation is, strong as it can be.
Oh you can try,
To knock me off my feet,
But I am solid and I've got the master key.
Don't be mistaken,
Oh I am here to stay (my throne)
If you don't know by now, Let me tell you my name
It's Dami Oniru .”

This extremely intense, soul empowering song not only gives a story of her, but shows her beautiful mind as an artist and her high expectations that may be soon to come.

2. ALIVE
Music really is all about communication, sending a message to those who are listening and when you have something meaningful to say, people will always listen. This song brings out something deep and strong as she talks about God and how she communicates with him. She talks about how she communicates with him and shows us how she does it,  giving her hopes and prayers in this one.

“When it gets tough just kneel and pray
He'll be like, tell me what you want, girl I got you
I'll be like take all of my pain, I don't want it
He'll be like, tell me what you want, girl I got you
I'll be like take all of my shame, keep me happy
I just want to wake up (ahhh) come a-live.”
The lyrics to this song is completely explicit, with a very cool and calming sound easing her listeners into a trance of Hope and inert connection with something bigger than all of us.

3. READY.
This very strong and emotional piece brings out the strength and realness in Dami. The lyrics point to a lady who is ready for something serious with a lover  who keeps telling lies and plays with her feelings. She explains in this song how she would not be part of his games.

“Tell me what it really is
I don't want none of these games
Are you out or are you in
Tell me do you get the message
I don't know what you gain from
Telling me hella lies that you you you you made up.”

The song gives a good vibe of confidence and a show of what she really wants while giving her listeners something to move their heads to with its amazing instrumental.

4. SEE (FT REMMY BAGGINS)
A good song from Dami and Remmy, with a good instrumental, Lovely voice over,  giving the song a unique blend. The song though was not lyrics filled or filled with too much content, it still gives you something to move your body to and sing along.

5. UP
Soul lifting, that’s the best way to describe this lovely sound. A total vibe that is new and unique to the Nigerian music industry. This song lifts your spirit with both it’s instrumental and lyrics.

“Endless nights we're gazing at the stars (stars)
Ridin' round with the top down, top down (top down)
We've come this far let's make this moment ours (ours)
Can we go back to the way that we
Used turn up till the morning comes.”

A slow and cool vibe but yet strongly relaxing.

6. RUNNIN'
No doubt a very personal song, Dami sings about how things are for her inside and how she pushes on regardless. She expresses her journey and her doubts and how she has shaped up so far;  Although she still needed the lights. A very touching and emotional song that once again sheds more light on the inner mind of Dami.

“I'm hurting inside, yes I cry, you're my light still
On this rocky road, I have doubts, but I ride still
Hurting inside, yes I cry, you're my light still
On this rocky road, I have doubts, but I ride still.”

7. HIGHER (STRIPPED)
At the end of this lovely personal journey and soul lifting experience, Dami ends the E.P. with the stripped version of Higher, once again expressing her feelings to the music industry and the world. A lovely sound here and She sings out from the deepest parts of her.

CONCLUSION
A BEAUTIFUL, DIVIRSIFIED AND TALENTED WORK WHICH WILL NO DOUBT BE HER COMING OUT INTO THE NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY. IT IS A JOURNEY INTO THE WORLD OF DAMI ONIRU AND A SOUL LIFTING EXPERIENCE FOR THE LISTNERS WHO STILL GOT THE CHANCE TO MOVE THEIR BODIES A BIT THROUGH IT ALL. A VERY GOOD PRODUCTION FROM REMMY BAGGINGS PROVIDING THE BEAUTIFUL SOUNDS TO FEED THIS YOUNG TALENT.

TOP 5
- ALIVE
- HIGHER
- UP
- RUNNIN'
- SEE
 OVERALL RATING : B

No comments:

Post a Comment

SARZ FT WURLD - I LOVE GIRLS WITH TROBUL.

SARZ FT WURLD -  I LOVE GIRLS WITH TROBUL. What stands out from the EP Is the kind of sounds provided by Sarz. It’s sounds are completel...